7439 S Franklins Way, Quinton, VA 23141, USA
Turnaround Time

Ryan built out home in Patriot's Landing in Quinton, VA. This is our 5th new home and 3rd we built from ground up.

WORST HOME builder EVER. I would offer to buy their nails since few were used on woodwork. I am having to take off caulk from the top of all woodwork and doors and redo. If walls were straight this would not need done because woodwork would have fit properly to wall.

Carpets were bought at Costen and not stretched. I have had to have people come twice so far to take the wrinkles out of the carpets because the were not stretched when put in and of course had to pay for that. Cracks have developed in many, many corners and near ceilings. Thank god my dad was a carpenter and I know how to fix many of all the horrible workmanship downfalls of this house.

We were told that the general contractor of this home would call or email us each week. Never did. Also suspicious that we could not drop by to just check on the house but needed an appointment to do so. We were out of state so couldn't if we wanted to.

Also wanted zoned heating and cooling for upstairs and down which didn't happen. So now twice a year we have to go up to the attic or hire someone to open and close the correct vents for the upcoming season. Also asked for handicapped toilets but got mismatched tanks and bowls instead. When sewer pipe from house backfilled it was broke so plumbing was not working properly.

We didn't find this out until we hired a plumber. Never reimbursed for this either.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ryan Homes House Construction.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Please call me I live in the same place you don't know the issue we have.434-294-6886

I agree with you regarding the poor construction quality of Ryan homes. But that is not what Ryan or NV homes is striving for.

They are a success regarding the profits that are provided to the stockholders and nothing else. The home buyer buying a Ryan home is the only thing factored into this and bad reviews and educated buyers hurt their stock performance. Here's how Ryan operates that generates great profits for stockholders and leaving the home buyers holding the bag.Ryan purchases every stick of materials that go into the house. Many of which are purchased in bulk at a reduced rate.

I will not speculate here as to the quality of these items. They then contract the cheapest laborers in the area to perform the construction. This is where the shoddy workmanship enters the picture. They will for example, buy the cheapest HVAC system.

Then hire the cheapest HVAC business in the area to install it. Since they are not supplying the equipment but just the labor. The installation job suffers here. This goes with every other materials that are installed simply for the labor.

When Ryan buy's the roof shingles and hires a company. It's no wonder that many shingles are not properly fastened down and blow off the roof on a windy day.

My regret was buying a Ryan home and not just their stock. Lol