538 views
Verified Reviewer

I was interested in a home and concerned with the very tall grass in backyard. After handing over deposit, I visited home several times and asked builder rep to mow grass.

After grass was mowed 10 days later I noticed standing water in backyard, a flowing stream 47 feet across property and drainage concerns watching water being dumped in neighbors yards, and also questioned why the splash blocks were reversed from drain spouts. Neighbors disclosed to me there are water drainage problems and many owners upset. I contacted the city and landscapers. Both telling me there were numerous problems with land and drainage and flooding on street where home located.

I contacted builder rep to only find she played victim and didnt realize there was a problem. What? A builder rep should know about what she/he sells...

including the details of a lot and disclose information to a buyer.

I have asked for my deposit back per concerns of flooding and standing water. Builder supervisor offers an I owe you to fix flooding AFTER buying home.

A landscaper gave me a quote to fix problem - $10,000+.

I did not want to incur more expenses and neighbors complaining.

Deposit has not be returned yet.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ryan Homes House Construction.

Ryan Homes Pros: Lay out of the home.

Ryan Homes Cons: Sales reps lie and misleading.

Location: 14431 Colonel Wood Rd, Gainesville, VA 20155