Six years into a Ryan built home and my roof needs to be replaced due to terrible workmanship and poor quality shingles.Most of the development was done with decent quality "architecture" shingles but a few rows of homes were done with low-end, cheap shingles.
We had a waterfall-like leak coming down our walls with each storm that passed. The roofers found that nails were put in crooked, sideways and are pushing out on the shingles, leaving exposed holes.
An entire section of wood was exposed around the exhaust pipe and there was unsealed step up flashing.Worst part is that our HOA wants to wait 20 years to replace roofs and could care less.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Never accept responsibility for poor quality poor decisions
- Lack of actions taken to correct issues after contruction
- Willingness to accept responsibility for actions
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Replace my damage roof and use the products that were used in the rest of the development and do it right. Also, pay for or repair any damages to the interior of my walls from the leaking
- Product or service
- Ryan Homes Roof Replacement
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "These photos show a crack in the foundation slab that I discovered when I took up the carpet in my house at Sun City Hilton Head, SC.Photo 1 shows what..."
- "I have a 2 story home built in October 2003 with a move-in 2004 FEB. For 12 years we have had a noisy furnace at the air intake. ..."
- "I purchased a new home from Shea, paying above market rates for upgrades. After the 10 year home warranty period we discovered wood rot in the deck, which we paid..."
- "I ordered this item in April 2015. You received my payment but I never received the tee shirt. You have several items I would like to order but I'm afraid..."
- "Hi there I was at the walnut st location in philadelphia pa chopping with my wife and kid I didn't get any help of offered any help from any off..."
- "See image. The website image is on left, what my wife received is on the right. I should have read the fine print better. The images on the website are..."
- "Unpacked my purchases. Put the packet on my dresser along with other items in the bag. Later came back to put purchases away. The packet was stuck to my dresser...."
- "we booked Bali -> Cebu via KL. 2 flights , one booking AA cancelled the early morning flight and out us on the next one. The only problem is this arrives..."
- "DO NOT USE THE LAWN GUY!!!!!!!! Was just scammed and lied to about service. So mad about how we were treated! Please save your money and time. Horrible company! Was told..."