Ryan Homes - Terrible Roof Quality

51 of 181 Ryan Homes reviews

Six years into a Ryan built home and my roof needs to be replaced due to terrible workmanship and poor quality shingles.Most of the development was done with decent quality "architecture" shingles but a few rows of homes were done with low-end, cheap shingles.

We had a waterfall-like leak coming down our walls with each storm that passed. The roofers found that nails were put in crooked, sideways and are pushing out on the shingles, leaving exposed holes.

An entire section of wood was exposed around the exhaust pipe and there was unsealed step up flashing.Worst part is that our HOA wants to wait 20 years to replace roofs and could care less.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Never accept responsibility for poor quality poor decisions
    • Lack of actions taken to correct issues after contruction
    • Willingness to accept responsibility for actions

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Replace my damage roof and use the products that were used in the rest of the development and do it right. Also, pay for or repair any damages to the interior of my walls from the leaking
Product or service
Ryan Homes Roof Replacement
Review category
Home Construction and Repair
review #699371

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ryan Homes? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
51 of 181 Ryan Homes reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 11, 2015 #1046438

don't feel bad, I'm building with them now and the roof they installed on Tue already leaks on Sunday. they suck.

Oct 02 #1221719 Staten Island, New York, United States

The best day in a Ryan home is the first day buy it and the day that you sell it. Its the money pit that has no bottom.

fictionvote

Sep 15, 2015 #1034064 Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I don't know where you live, but where I live there is only one season: hot. A roof here should last 30 years. An air conditioner is another story. A roof in an area where it is snowy and rainy is at least 20 years. You got screwed, sorry this happened to you.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.