5.4K views

My Bay window (Ryan Homes) shattered.My house is only 3 yrs.

old. Ryan Homes said the window was out of warranty. I contacted Patriot Windows they said the same thing. They claimed due to settling the window was not under warranty.

My homeowners deductible is $1,000. The window COST $900 to replace. Patriot windows are no darn good. The locks do not work on some of the windows.

Some windows are very drafty. I am disappointed about the windows.

Other than that I have no complaints about my Ryan home.I do feel Ryan Homes should have been more customer friendlier.

Had an Experience with Ryan Homes?

Comments

I have a Ryan's Home built in 2001 here in DE. I have a cracked sash on a single hang window, but I've looked all over the window structure and cannot find the serial number or window manufacturer to order a replacement. Can anyone help?

Dayton, Ohio, United States #1022166

My Patriot windows in my Ryan home have failed as well, including the giant oval one in the front. The warranty period is still valid for me and the type of seal failures I've had are covered, but Patriot went out of business so the warranty is worthless!

to Disgruntled Cincinnati, Ohio, United States #1220769

If you have the 10 year warranty on the patriot windows for seal failure they are actually being replaced.Don't remember the name of the warranty company but I got the information from Ryan homes.

I just ordered mine.

I had to find and pay a glass company to measure and install.

Our Ryan home is 10 years old this fall.Patriot windows are definitely cheap.

I wouldn't recommend them. We have one that has water/fog in between 2 panes in the top fixed portion. Called for warranty at 866-518-4138, then pressed 2. Service rep took the information from the white sticker on the side of the tip-out portion of the bottom pane.

Said they would ship it out to us, but we would have to pay someone else to install it.Hopefully, it is delivered as promised.

Middle Township, New Jersey, United States #819419

PATRIOT Windows are very poor quality, cold in winter and hard to get repaired. I do not recommend!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States #813296

PATRIOT WINDOWS SUCK!!!!!! NO NEED TO SAY ANYTHING ELSE.

PITTSBURGH, PA.

My home was built in 2004. All of my great windows in my stairwell, sunroom and foyer leaks badly. Secondly my great windows in my sunroom not only leak, they are cloudy because of a vacuum leak in between the glass.

Pissed Off

Gainesville, Virginia, United States #704207

My home was built 2004 two of windows have a broken seal. They are made by Patriot and the house Ryan what should I do

to gus #790985

You should call Patriot warranty department at 866-518-4138.

Warrington, Pennsylvania, United States #676308

Their windows suck and so does Ryan/NVR Homes.