Featured Not resolved
Turnaround Time

I had a major leaking all along the exterior of my home, including flooding the basement.Ryan homes refused to send a rep to assess, claiming it was my failure to drain for winter the hose (none was attached) to my home.

We had one night slightly below zero temps and pipe froze.

When I finally had to have my own plumbing rep come assess, they noted how the home had been poorly constructed with plumbing built to the exterior of the framing vs interior, and along the heater vent opening, and there would continue to be issues.Also, the builders plumber, Breeden Mechanical, had also done a bad (nonexisting) install of the hydrant causing water to pool.

ljlove42 wrote the review because of bad quality at Ryan Homes and attached a video. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $1000 and wants Ryan Homes to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was cheap products that they installed and poor quality defective materials water damage. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Ryan Homes and ryan homes house construction for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Ryan Homes?

Comments

LadyScot
Naples, Florida, United States #1272076

That is what it looks like to me as well.That would have been a huge selling point so I am near positive it was disclosed.

Learning how to use 'toys' attached to our homes is our responsibility as home owners.

You should have received a packet with the sale of the house with all the owner's manuals (assuming you bought new) or if you bought used, should have asked if any existed for any of the appliances and extras.

Your plumber may not have experience with this feature, therefore his evaluation of the job is irrelevant. Someone who does not understand what they are seeing will automatically have a negative opinion.

As for Breeden Mechanical, nothing online shows them to be anything other than a reputable company in business for more than 40 years with excellent reviews.

This really sounds like a case of someone buying something they do not know how to use, and when it breaks by their negligence (perhaps not intentional) hired someone not familiar with the product to evaluate it.

As for Ryan Homes, once you buy something, unless fraud is involved, which does not appear to be the case here, you own it.

You could check into your home owner's insurance, which seems like this would be their arena, for compensation and repair costs. You can pull the permits from the county, as well as the plans filed for the house, and see exactly what was included in the build, or added later. Let me add, before you jump on the news...

The last thing you want is a libel or slander suit against you from a multi-million dollar corporation.Especially with an excellent reputation.

to LadyScot #1272341

Thank you for your comments and suggestions.This is a new home, and oh by the way yes I had taken appropriate draining measures.

If you re-read the issue, the reputable plumber that I paid to come to the house noted the "bad install"...there was pooling that could not be drained no matter what I did, and they totally put a different valve in new location, one that drains, and with a frost proof attachment, to fix the work. Additionally, my USAA insurance company rep served me very well (as to your suggestion to "make darn sure you are RIGHT"), and also inspected, assessed, and documented issues with the work. I understand companies hire people that make mistakes....all I did was request consideration for the improper work and didn't get it.

And when I suggested that my only outlet might be to rate the company, I was told by my Ryan rep to go ahead, these "things don't get any attention anyway." So you make 3 readers/posters so far to my issue, he appears to be correct and probably not worth a fear of libel, and given I got the go ahead from the company regarding my outlet.

Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States #1270690

that looks like you have a water feature on your house, some people pay big money for that and your complaining? You can get the blueprints and see what was approved, if they did something not up to code then they are liable, if they did something shoddy, well, it sucks, but you will have to foot the bill unless you can make them lose more business than it would cost them to fix. I have never lived in a place that can freeze over, but I at least know you have to drain the water, grade school science teaches water expands when frozen, maybe it's just deep for you, fight back and get some signs and make some noise, claim racism and sexism, get some news coverage, say not my house builder on Facebook, that will show em

to Anonymous #1272337

Thank you for your comments and suggestions.No "expensive water feature" on the home.

I on the other hand have lived in numerous places where freezing happens, and owned 5 homes in my 23 years of military service. At even one point when had a draft that bled freezing air on my pipes for a lengthy period, never had the issue of pipes breaking. This is a new home, and oh by the way yes I had taken appropriate draining measures. If you re-read the issue, the reputable plumber that I paid to come to the house noted the "bad install"...there was pooling that could not be drained no matter what I did, and they totally put a different valve in new location, one that drains, and with a frost proof attachment, to fix the work.

Additionally, my USAA insurance company rep served me very well, and also inspected, assessed, and documented issues with the work. I understand companies hire people that make mistakes....all I did was request consideration for the improper work and didn't get it.

And when I suggested that my only outlet might be to rate the company, I was told by my Ryan rep to go ahead, these "things don't get any attention anyway." So of the 3 readers/posters to this issue so far, guess that is accurate.