784 views
Verified Reviewer

1.5

I purchased my home in November 2014. I utilized the warranty after the 1st year to have all repairs completed.

Shortly after I complained that the same problems were occurring in the same areas. This has been an ongoing problem since then that Ryan Homes has not been willing to address because I am beyond the new home warranty period. However, I have been informed by other contractors that I'm having the problems because Ryan Homes hired contractors who had poor workmanship. Because they rushed and did not do the job correctly, I'm continuing to have these problems.

The problems include: nail pops (in the same areas as previously repaired by Ryan Homes), split and falling drywall, walls separating from the ceiling, master bathroom shower leak above the baseboard and a falling front porch that is separating from the house. I have also learned that several homes in my neighborhood have experienced the same issues. As a Realtor, I am aware that a home will settle and may cause some issues. However, these problems are extreme and unacceptable.

We have paid a lot for this home to be faced with expensive drywall and concrete repairs that are not due to normal wear and tear, but due to poor and negligent workmanship. I have attempted several times to contact customer service only to be on hold for 30+ minutes then told the warranty has expired so no one can help me.

I am looking for some financial assistance with rectifying these matters and restoring my faith in Ryan Homes, so I do not have to take further action. The limited number of photos that may be attached do not show the full extent of the damage.

User's recommendation: I would NOT recommend Ryan Homes.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ryan Homes House Construction.

Preferred solution: Correctly repair damages .

Ryan Homes Pros: Home design and area.

Ryan Homes Cons: Exceptionally poor workmanship and material, Failure to follow through, Customer service.

Comments

#1904625

Ryan is pretty slick. There used to be another complaint site here with almost 200 complaints!

That has miraculously dwindled down to 35 with many of them being positive reviews. I bought one and I had so many problems due to poor workmanship. I had that home for 4 years. Leaving out complaints such as doors not closing, walls not plumb, wood floor cracking, and squeaky floors which some may say are subjective or my opinion.

Let me mention the items that did need repairs or replacement. This on a brand new home. I had 2 supposedly brand new kitchen GE appliances that needed replacing. The refrigerator compressor failed.

That was replaced by GE for free. The dishwasher motor failed. That was past the warranty so that cost me. For 2 new appliances to fail makes me wonder if these supposedly new appliances weren't refurbished providing more profits to Ryan.

After all. They buy and supply all of the materials and hire local contractors at the cheapest rates to put it all together. My roof kept losing shingles on windy days from the 4 years I owned the house. My first year was covered.

After that I was paying for roofers on a brand new roof! We are talking about numerous service calls on a new roof! My HVAC system had 7 breakdowns. Many of those repairs occurred past the warranty which cost me out of pocket to fix!

My basement had 4 leaks from the wall cracking and the garage 1 leak. Those were not considered structural and also cost me. BTW. Regarding their 10 year structural warranty.

You have to hire a licensed engineer to document the problem which can still be denied by Ryan. My front doorbell shorted out. My garage door keypad failed and not from a dead battery. You don't expect to lay out as money as I did on necessary repairs on a new home.

What I did like about the home was the homes floorplan. Ryan is good at that. They are very responsive during that one year warranty. Sending back many of the substandard contractors, like the HVAC company that put my unit in.

Now to be fair regarding them. Out of the 7 failures. Three were from the cheap equipment that Ryan supplied to them to install.

The same thing goes with garage keypad. Absolute garbage.