278 views

Ryan Homes built my home in 1999. After one year and even before the first year we had issues with flooring, drainage problems and doors.

At this time I'm in the process of rebuilding my whole front entrance and around the windows. In doing so finding that Ryan built nothing to Ohio builders code. I have a two story foyer, the contractor took off siding and no wrap underneath the siding and no flashing. My door had water coming in and running down the walls of front door when it would rain.

Just today I found out that Ryan did not put drywall tape on, when you put up drywall the seams have to be taped and mudded before priming and painting walls . Well Ryan Homes did not tape and cracks are appearing across the walls where the drywall has been installed. My morning floors completely rotted by the doors, floor had to be replaced. Because Ryan Homes didn't put flashing and all the water was pouring into floors.

Doors had to be replace several times by Ryan, and guess what I'm replacing them. Doors rotted and were not put in right by Ryan. I can go on for ever about Ryan I have had and still have problems since this house has been built. Basically I'm rebuilding my home because of all the crap Ryan did not follow builders codes and builders for Ryan didn't care.

DO NOT USE RYAN HOMES TO BUILD YOUR HOME!!!! PLEASE LOOK ON THE COMPUTER OF ALL OF THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE BOUGHT RYAN AND NOW ARE REGRETTING IT.

I'll end here because there are problems with my home then what I just wrote. I'm a very pissed costumer of Ryan Homes and everyone should know that the homes they build are not worth buying or living in them.

User's recommendation: Don't buy a Ryan Home.

Preferred solution: Help pay for my front entry being redone. At this time I'm at 20,000.00 Ryan can at least reimburse 5000.00. I feel that is fair. .

Ryan Homes Pros: Neighborhood.

Ryan Homes Cons: Too many cons to mention it would take pages.

Location: Cleveland, Ohio