1.1K views

I was the first person to sign a contract in a new subdivision of a large neighborhood.I was told my home would back to a nice, fairly level "backyard" - one of only three homes with this wonderful quality.

However, as construction began it became obvious I had been lied to. The 4 steps down from my mid level to the backyard was also a lie as it turned into 12 steps and I was basically forced to purchase a deck for $6,000 so I could enjoy some of the "backyard". Meetings with management were fruitless and I was told I had misunderstood. Later, when talking with both neighbors on either side of me we realized we were all told the same thing and all three of us were angry about the bate and switch.

I strong armed the vice president into paying for my piano to be moved into my house (a whopping $250) because the original plan of the house would have made it easier for me to simply drive a pickup to the back door where I could roll it into the house.

Now, I am hearing my one neighbor all the time. I do not think insulation between my house and hers was installed properly. I do not hear the other neighbor at all but hear the one quite a bit and she hears me in my bathroom and while I play the piano.

We basically live in a single family house (sound wise) but are next door townhouses. I am totally disgusted with Ryan's attitude. I was a repeat customer but my experience the first time was much better. Maybe management has deteriorated - I did hear the son took over and he is much worse about cutting corners than his father was.

I wish I had know all I know now.I filled out the survey and said I would not recommend Ryan to a friend

This reviewer shared experience about "poor customer service; bad quality" and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $20000. allisonmedrano65 is overall dissatisfied with Ryan Homes. The most disappointing about ryan homes house construction at Ryan Homes was never accept responsibility for poor quality poor decisions , but reviewer liked look of the home and layout. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Ryan Homes.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Home Construction and Repair category for more informed decision or compare Ryan Homes to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Ryan Homes?

Comments