Show reviews that mention
home house ryan home homes ryan issues people quality water construction
Filter review
Ryan uses low bid contractors, you can tell by the workmanship and the number of problems they have. Major issues, and they don't resolve the issues until you write letters to the president. Worst mistake I've ever made, after nine months, issues like siding has to be...

While modern technology through the discovery and use of new materials has improved the insulation and comfort of a home. The modern greed of trying to earn a buck the fastest way by hiring cheap labor ruins all of that.

It's one of lifes costly lessons which I have also gone through with this company. A home, especially a brand new one, should be a source of pride and security. Security, say in being cozy and in from a thunder storm occurring outside. My security in my Ryan home was worrying about how many shingles would blow off the roof or siding becoming loose.

This happened often to me, costing me money after my warranty ended. My HVAC system broke down 7 times in the short time that I kept that house. Besides my learning that new homes, or the contruction and profit made by cheap labor is something to avoid. I also learned that many amenities such as tennis courts and walking paths, promised, shown on community plans in that model by the developer and Ryan may never ever get built.

Another mistake is buying anything in an HOA. Here's another lesson learned. When the community pool needed a resurfacing job. The pool was closed for 3 months.

The clubhouse bathroom which was closed due to a leaky pipe was also closed for months. Exercise equipment that was reported as requiring repairs also sit idle for months. Your stuck with the landscaper they use who loves to do continual wheelies around and around your trees on your lawn. This causes tire imprints and dead sod.

Avoid an HOA. You either maintain your own lawn and have the ability to hire or fire whoever you want. You can join a gym or club with a pool. If they choose to take their time repairing it.

You no longer stay as a paid customer. The good thing about buying that older resale that Ryan will tout as a less efficient home. One that isn't in an HOA with all of these supposed amenities that are shown in the community plans is this. That home is built better built and regarding the surroundings of that older home.

WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET!

There are no hidden surprises. Stores, lake, trails and greenery are already there.

Service
Ryan Homes Florence House Construction
After 11 years, the stone siding is cracking terribly, air vent inside a coset by the door, wood floors cracking and wearing away, windows broke, and a siding on my home was put on even though it is the wrong color. More serious though, the ground the home and homes...
Taimi

They overlooked the radon issue in my house as well. I will be out $1,500 to install a mitigation system in order to sell the house.

I lived in the home with my newborn daughter and had no idea what radon has even was! I am now in the process of selling, and had a radon test done for the new buyers. It came back well above normal and since it's such a huge health concern I am now having to come out of pocket before I can sell it. More importantly, I am beyond terrified at the potential health risk that my little girl has incurred.

I also had a large sink hole in my back yard that they refused to come fill in. Not to mention roof damage, water damage, poor windows, foundation wrap that is separating from the house, a driveway and walkway that are tripping hazards, and not enough backfill around the entire house to promote water drainage away from it. All this and the house isn't even 4 years old!

I will never recommend them to any potential home buyer and do everything in my power to get the word out to people thinking of building with them. Incredibly displeased.

View more comments

Ryan Homes - Poor materials falling apart

We bought a Ryan Homes and were so upset about the products used in the home. They used the lowest priced prodeucts and generic windows, air conditioners, lumber, etc... The models look great but after living in home for 6 months you see warped walls, shaky floors and teh air conditioning and heating is SO LOUD. we called a technician who told us it is the worst product on the market and he has been to several Ryan Homes homeowners to fix and replace the problem. Talking to other repair men in the field have said the same thing. It is the old saying of you get what you pay for. To me, I wish I spent a little bit more to have a well built home.

Sounds like you saved a lot money when you purchased the home. Now take some of that savings a replace the products with what you want. Sounds like a Win-Win to me.

Amazing how repairman in the industry who stand to gain work, bash any competition. Beware of the advice you get from those who are billing you!

Very True!!! They use cheap material and unprofessional labor to finish the job.

I was victim who will not fall under 'You get what you paid for', I paid more got a cheap home. It was costly make, I request people not to dare to buy the junk Ryan homes(soon end up repairs).

Buyers Beware!!! Another pissed customer..

View more comments (3)
Baltimore, Maryland

Ryan Homes - Elkridge Crossing in Elkridge Maryland, So Many Lawsuits in One Community!

Our community is watching a residential community being developed by Ryan Homes and Brantly Development. The problem is that the community is slow to go up and there are so many lawsuits against the developer and home builder it is scary to buy. The lawsuits make buyers very weary about buying the community. Since Ryan Homes and Brantly development won't assist a consumer to find the lawsuits - we started www.elkridgecrossing.com to explain how to find the lawsuits in the state of Maryland. It is a sad day when we make the biggest investment of our lives and so many people are unhappy. Of course, you can't fight the mighty companies - some times you just need to post on websites like this!

I understand completely especially when the litigation is causing other problems in Elkridge!! Extremely overcrowded schools.

No community center yes!! Come to GECA meetings and get involved to fight the Liparinis of the world!!

I would suggest spell check on your web page. It's hard for an individual to take you seriously. Just saying......

View more comments (1)

Ryan Homes BEWARE

Absolutely the worst home I have ever owned. Cheap fixtures, poor trim, barely acceptable construction methods, I can go on and on. My house is poorly insulated (bare minimum)my gas bill is crazy in the winter. No wall is straight they had to redo everything. The plumbing doesn't line and nothing is normal stuff you can get a supply store so repairs are a lot of fun. You must have a home inspection done and make sure they fix everything before you move in or you will get stuck. Their warranty people break and damage things when they come in to make warranty repairs. It has been a nightmare dealing with these people. The sales people lied about everything including trim and appliance upgrades . Do yourself a favor and don't buy from Ryan Homes

ESB, if you are still out there... I am currently having a new townhome constructed and am unable to be there to view the work in process on a daily basis.

However, I plan to get to the site at least weekly. Based upon your experience, do you think I would be able to catch any project flaws visiting at that level of frequency?

Second owner of 2005 Ryan home. Found muddy footprints under carpet pad when replacing carpets...throughout house. Garage walls are cheap plastic, no OSB, plywood.

If you think it cant happen to you, trust me it will.. Any of you who had a "pleasant experiance" consider yourselves lucky,and in 5 years let us know if your experiance is stiil great when the sheetrock falls off the walls..

We didnt think believe it could happen to us and honestly we had lees things wrong with our NEVER renovated 40+ yr old previous home... THIS COMPANY SUCKS!!! They use the cheapeast builder grade *** and even some of the upgrades are pure ***!! Let me put it in simple terms for you, if another builder comes in 40K more for the same sq footage pay it!!

it will be well worth it in the end.. The workmanship in these homes are the worst,the workers dont have a shread of pride in what they do and it shows in every aspect of the home.

I could go on for pages but this site and others very much speak the truth on this builder. The only way things will change is for people to stop buying their products..If I had to do it again I would have a house build by a verified custom home builder or rehab another 50 yr old home that a builder took some pride in building..

I am having a Ryan Homes built and am supposed to close on Friday. I have MULTIPLE complaints.

I have been in on the building process this whole time and never found a problem until we did our walk through. I found about 50 big nicks in our walls, awful paint jobs, muddy fingerprints all over our front porch, nail pops and cracks already,granite on our fireplace was a different color on one side, holes in the ceiling and a very pissy project manager that was annoyed it had to be fixed and acted like it was okay for all this to be here. The project manager said he hired cleaners but yet the inside was filthy. There were scuff marks on bathroom walls, stairs, and dirt all over the bathrooms.

Two light fixtures that were paid for weren't put in also so luckily we caught that. Also, NVR Mortgage called us two days prior to closing and came up with a random excuse postponing closing.

If I had to redo this again I would NEVER EVER buy a Ryan Home! Definitely read up on reviews before you purchase!

Umm....ok. So I am 2 weeks from closing on my new Ryan Home and I have to say, we haven't had any issues. When I see posts like this complaining about fixtures, trims, uneven walls, etc - I just want to ask did you not look at anything before you signed your paperwork? We knew exactly what the fixtures looked like and if we didn't like something, we upgraded as much as we could. My favorite are the people who are like - oh I thought there was a window here, because I saw it in the model. Well, did you ask them if that was a standard window? I'm not trying to belittle anyone, but if you are going to build a home, you need to ask questions. You need to look at the blueprints they show you of the home you picked. You need to familiarize yourself with basic knowledge of building homes so that if you feel something isn't done right, you can speak up. All these complaints are happening AFTER people move in - well, people are human and make mistakes, it happens. Hey, Ryan tried to give us wiring for a light they we were supposed to have. So we asked and they said, yup, that was a mistake. The next day, they corrected it. So be in on the process - then you won't get screwed in the end.

With the building process - we have been to the homesite and then in the home during this process every day or every other day. We caught things that didn't look right or weren't to our satisfaction the day or week that it appeared. So getting close to closing, there are two minor things that need repaired and actually, as of yesterday, one was taken care of. So do people not care about their new, dream home being built until they close? My goodness - the people building our house know us now because we are there all the time.

Just because you are having someone build your home doesn't mean that you can sit back and make the assumption that everything will be done perfectly. No - I am NOT a Ryan employee. I'm just a smart consumer. We haven't had a single issue with Ryan or NVR throughout this process. In fact, we had a rather pleasant one - from the sales person and project manager to the loan officer and settlement team.

Oh - and as a suggestion - use an agent when you go to buy/build. If you don't feel comfortable speaking up - then have them do it for you. We did and we ended up with incentives and a much smoother process.

Ryan Homes has energy star certified homes as of 2010. They get inspected for good insulation and tight construction with no leaks.

Our house is a new one and it is great. Lower bills than ever before.

The standard fixtures (lights, plumbing) aren't the prettiest, but nicer ones are reasonable upgrades through them. My sales person was honest - let me know what upgrades look nicer and there were no surprises.

View more comments (5)
Service
Ryan Homes House Construction

Your trust is our top priority

• 100% user-generated content
  • Professional automated and live moderation
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Equal Opportunity and Protection