2.3
Turnaround Time

I bought my Ryan home in 2017.I was installing a cabinet above the toilet in the hall bathroom due to lack cabinetry.

When I removed the towel bar to my surprise I find they cut holes in the drywall and filled it with excessive caulking to hold the end pieces in place, so now I have 2 big holes in my drywall. I called Ryan homes about the situation, they were very unhelpful with the situation and very adamant about their installation process with the towel bar. I buy a home that was over $400,000 and their excuse was that I didn't buy a custom home.

They didn't even offer to look at the matter at hand.Very poor customer service, workmanship in multiple areas are substandard.

Review about: Ryan Homes House Construction.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Lack of actions taken to correct issues after contruction.

Comments

I was once the sad owner of a brand new Ryan home.It wasn't so much the poor workmanship that went into building the house that were problems that had to be addressed but the number of leaks, appliance, HVAC breakdowns, siding and shingles coming loose that cost me a lot of money.

Ryan covers these items for one year with the exception of the HVAC and plumbing which is 2 years. The 10 year structural warranty is very difficult to pursue if you have an issue. It requires you to hire a licensed engineer, at the homeowners expense, to document the issue which is all subjected to review by Ryan. They decide whether to make the repair or not.

I owned the home for 4 years and paid a lot of money out of pocket that I shouldn't have on a brand new home. I think I can explain why Ryan has problems. Their stock is currently trading at $3,285.00 per share. A success that is made by the building practices of this company for the stockholder at the expense of the home buyer.

Ryan purchases every bit of equipment and materials that go into building the home. The HVAC equipment for example is the cheapest brand that they can purchase at bulk rate. This also goes for the windows, roof shingles, everything. Now here's where another problem begins.

Ryan now hires the local contactors in the area at the cheapest price to install these materials. For example they will hire the local HVAC company, for labor purposes only, to install equipment that they might consider substandard and wouldn't sell themselves. Since they are used as laborers only their attitude upon installing this cheap equipment is not good and that further exacerbates the problem. Not only is the HVAC equipment important but who installs it and how it's installed equally as well.

Since the contractors are not supplying any materials and took on this job from Ryan for work. This being the lowest negotiated amongst others in the area. The pride of the workmanship suffers and is definitely not going into any of the construction of the home. While Ryan does offer excellent customer service regarding the home warranty that first year, probably thought up by some RYAN higher up to counter these negative reviews and increase the stock even more.

It puts a sour taste on the home buyer who is left with nothing but problems that continue to occur well after that year is over. Most Ryan homeowners would never ever purchase another Ryang or NVR home again nor would they ever recommend to anyone to ever buy one.

Unloading that home after 4 years of issues was the best thing that I ever did.Not buying their stock which was just a few hundred a few years ago wasn't.