Turnaround Time

February 2018 my basement flooded due to improper sump pump drain installation, Ryan homes blamed the city storm water run off system . So I called the city public works , they came out and dug up the drain

Line and found that my neighbors drain and my drain were tied together and not connected to the storm run off system.

So basically our sump pumps were pumping water back and forth to the side of our houses. The city Fixed the drain line at no cost. Pictures were taken and a email was provided from the public works engineer saying that this was due to the builders improper installation. I filed a home owners insurance claim, $1000 deductible $2300 in personal property loss , cost to mitigatate water damage, replace carpet and padding and 2feet of dry wall ripped out throughout basement ,no total yet for that work.

My insurance premiums going up. Ryan’s solution was to offer $1000 and to sign a release relieving them of all responsibility and accountability for this incident, I will not sign anything until I have legal representation. This incident was Ryan’s fault and proof was provided to them .

They have yet to pay a dime for any of it. Since when is it ok to pay for someone else’s screw up

Review about: Ryan Homes Sump Pump Installation.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

#1462091

I had owned a brand new Ryan home for four years and after the first year, outside of the warranty in which Ryan will not cover, had numerous out of pocket expenses. These were roof issues where shingles blew off of the roof.

Siding issues where spots became loose or buckled. HVAC system breakdowns as well as leaks in the basement from cracks that developed in the walls. In considering legal actions against Ryan I was advised that it would be too costly to take them on and it would be cheaper to just make the repairs on a new house.

The other option was to sell the home, which I did, and learn from this bad experience and never buy or recommend a Ryan home. My hope is that prospective buyers read these reviews and avoid buying from them.