61 views
Verified Reviewer

2.1

This is my 3rd Ryan Home new build. I had 2 previously in VA and this was by far the most disappointing of them all.

I think they were likely in a rush to wrap up the remaining houses so they could be done with the development. The project manager is quick to respond but doesn't take any responsibility. The warranty department is not easy to work with. Apparently, lawn care is under no warranty.

This seems unfair since the day of our closing I brought up my concerns for a house being delivered to us with dead grass but the project manager assured me it was dormant. They still talk you into signing off and you pray it roots. It's now been several months and it's evident that there are several dead sod patches, which has become a huge financial burden on us. We have tried everything over the months from watering to fertilizing.

When I asked the project manager to stop by so we could hold him accountable he said that because there were some rooted parts it cannot be replaced. This is both untrue and unprofessional. 90% of each sod dead spot can be lifted off the ground and there's no chance of reviving it. Buyers beware of how your grass is delivered in winter months!

We had several issues wrong since we moved in; scratched fireplace, unfinished moldings on the staircase, missing paint on the front door, missing paint on the banister, you can't order the dry wall wall paint yourself because the color numbers they give you from Sherwin Williams aren't sold to the public, insanely high bathroom doors slots, bug infestation on main floor, unpainted repairs on the dry wall, crooked hardware, dead skimpy plants in front yard, a sliding backdoor that has a screen that's defective, no graded grass in the backyard, stained yellowing in the shower (which we had brought in warranty people to repair and all they did was paint over it,)...the list goes on. This shouldn't be the way a house is delivered.

I had better experiences in VA and I wish Ryan Homes took more pride. This will definitely be my last house with Ryan.

User's recommendation: Buyers beware of this new build.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Ryan Homes Pros: Fair turnaround time for delivery.

Ryan Homes Cons: Warranty.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina