276 views
Verified Reviewer

2.4

Update by user Feb 24, 2022

There has been no contact from Ryan Homes as of 2/24/22.

Original review posted by user Jan 25, 2022

Not only after a few months from moving in I found myself with warranty issues. I started to experience cracking in every corner of my home and on the outside starting from windows.

You could hear actual loud popping noises which I was told was the blocks of the home cracking from house settling. Now everywhere you look there are cracks inside and out. Also I ordered custom blinds. When the blind company took the measurements we found that all the windows were different sizes.

Not one window was the same size at the top of the window as it was on the bottom of the window. I found swelling of doors in the master bedroom and ensuite. Warranty came several time to reset the catch on the doors as a temp fix. I found by getting up on a chair that the door frame was installed on a slant because the bedroom and bathroom was not level on the top floor.

Instead of them fixing that they just used a trick to the eye and slanted the top of the door frame to make it look level for me not to see it. My kitchen cabinets were installed without being shimmed on one end of the kitchen so I wouldn't know the kitchen floor was on a slant. The cabinets were on an incline of about 4 inches. I found someone's lunch and soda left on the top of my kitchen cabinet at the ceiling.

And found they had placed all the construction trash piled under my stairs inside the wall. I would have never known if I had not had a contractor come in to put in a storage closet under the stairs, and he showed me when he cut into the wall. *** I've had a water issue in the laundry room ceiling that they came to fix 3 times and it still leaks so the ceiling saggs.

I will never purchase from Ryan ever again. My last home was with Pulte and they were amazing.

User's recommendation: Don't purchase from Ryan, their quality is very bottom tier, and their work ethic is only as good as the people who cut corners that they employ.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ryan Homes House Construction.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Ryan Homes Pros: Sales.

Ryan Homes Cons: Communication, Poor workmanship, Limited structure longevity of the home.

Location: 1655 Taylor Road East, DeLand, FL 32724

Comments

Sound like you may have foundation issues. Have a GeoTech Engineer come check your soil to determine if your home was built correctly.