Never no one their

They have new constuction in Hardyston nj,and their is never no agents their to show the homes even thou the sign says some one should be their!The seem to hire realtors from hours away,not good work ethics,lazy no show agents!!!!We liked the homes but can never get in to view them.Called a local realtor and he was nice enough to come and try to help us,but was unable to reach an agent,the office told him they dont give their cell#s out,Ryan homes should have hired him,so we are moving on,you stink!!!
Denville, New Jersey

Ryan Homes BEWARE

Absolutely the worst home I have ever owned. Cheap fixtures, poor trim, barely acceptable construction methods, I can go on and on. My house is poorly insulated (bare minimum)my gas bill is crazy in the winter. No wall is straight they had to redo everything. The plumbing doesn't line and nothing is normal stuff you can get a supply store so repairs are a lot of fun. You must have a home inspection done and make sure they fix everything before you move in or you will get stuck. Their warranty people break and damage things when they come in to make warranty repairs. It has been a nightmare dealing with these people. The sales people lied about everything including trim and appliance upgrades . Do yourself a favor and don't buy from Ryan Homes

ESB, if you are still out there... I am currently having a new townhome constructed and am unable to be there to view the work in process on a daily basis.

However, I plan to get to the site at least weekly. Based upon your experience, do you think I would be able to catch any project flaws visiting at that level of frequency?

Second owner of 2005 Ryan home. Found muddy footprints under carpet pad when replacing carpets...throughout house. Garage walls are cheap plastic, no OSB, plywood.

If you think it cant happen to you, trust me it will.. Any of you who had a "pleasant experiance" consider yourselves lucky,and in 5 years let us know if your experiance is stiil great when the sheetrock falls off the walls..

We didnt think believe it could happen to us and honestly we had lees things wrong with our NEVER renovated 40+ yr old previous home... THIS COMPANY SUCKS!!! They use the cheapeast builder grade *** and even some of the upgrades are pure ***!! Let me put it in simple terms for you, if another builder comes in 40K more for the same sq footage pay it!!

it will be well worth it in the end.. The workmanship in these homes are the worst,the workers dont have a shread of pride in what they do and it shows in every aspect of the home.

I could go on for pages but this site and others very much speak the truth on this builder. The only way things will change is for people to stop buying their products..If I had to do it again I would have a house build by a verified custom home builder or rehab another 50 yr old home that a builder took some pride in building..

I am having a Ryan Homes built and am supposed to close on Friday. I have MULTIPLE complaints.

I have been in on the building process this whole time and never found a problem until we did our walk through. I found about 50 big nicks in our walls, awful paint jobs, muddy fingerprints all over our front porch, nail pops and cracks already,granite on our fireplace was a different color on one side, holes in the ceiling and a very pissy project manager that was annoyed it had to be fixed and acted like it was okay for all this to be here. The project manager said he hired cleaners but yet the inside was filthy. There were scuff marks on bathroom walls, stairs, and dirt all over the bathrooms.

Two light fixtures that were paid for weren't put in also so luckily we caught that. Also, NVR Mortgage called us two days prior to closing and came up with a random excuse postponing closing.

If I had to redo this again I would NEVER EVER buy a Ryan Home! Definitely read up on reviews before you purchase!

Umm....ok. So I am 2 weeks from closing on my new Ryan Home and I have to say, we haven't had any issues. When I see posts like this complaining about fixtures, trims, uneven walls, etc - I just want to ask did you not look at anything before you signed your paperwork? We knew exactly what the fixtures looked like and if we didn't like something, we upgraded as much as we could. My favorite are the people who are like - oh I thought there was a window here, because I saw it in the model. Well, did you ask them if that was a standard window? I'm not trying to belittle anyone, but if you are going to build a home, you need to ask questions. You need to look at the blueprints they show you of the home you picked. You need to familiarize yourself with basic knowledge of building homes so that if you feel something isn't done right, you can speak up. All these complaints are happening AFTER people move in - well, people are human and make mistakes, it happens. Hey, Ryan tried to give us wiring for a light they we were supposed to have. So we asked and they said, yup, that was a mistake. The next day, they corrected it. So be in on the process - then you won't get screwed in the end.

With the building process - we have been to the homesite and then in the home during this process every day or every other day. We caught things that didn't look right or weren't to our satisfaction the day or week that it appeared. So getting close to closing, there are two minor things that need repaired and actually, as of yesterday, one was taken care of. So do people not care about their new, dream home being built until they close? My goodness - the people building our house know us now because we are there all the time.

Just because you are having someone build your home doesn't mean that you can sit back and make the assumption that everything will be done perfectly. No - I am NOT a Ryan employee. I'm just a smart consumer. We haven't had a single issue with Ryan or NVR throughout this process. In fact, we had a rather pleasant one - from the sales person and project manager to the loan officer and settlement team.

Oh - and as a suggestion - use an agent when you go to buy/build. If you don't feel comfortable speaking up - then have them do it for you. We did and we ended up with incentives and a much smoother process.

Ryan Homes has energy star certified homes as of 2010. They get inspected for good insulation and tight construction with no leaks.

Our house is a new one and it is great. Lower bills than ever before.

The standard fixtures (lights, plumbing) aren't the prettiest, but nicer ones are reasonable upgrades through them. My sales person was honest - let me know what upgrades look nicer and there were no surprises.

View more comments (5)
Baltimore, Maryland

Ryan Homes BUYERS BE AWARE

Homes sales in the North East MD, a bait and switch takes place. The website Ryan homes offers several models homes for sale. I went to the location with the idea of purchase a home but when I was ready to complete the deal, I was told that I must use Ryan's Mortgage Company ( Points plus over 10,000 in closing fees). The bottom line: They refused to sell me the house if I did NOT use their lender. At the last minute manager told me that I could have the house, using my own mortgage but he would not include the Basement. After that experience my rating for Ryan Homes is "D-" BUYERS BE AWARE
#195802

I just purchased a home that Ryan Homes built back in 2006. The concrete work out front is falling apart.

Ryan Homes blames the previous home owner stating they used d-icier. I investigated further to find out that Concrete experts as well as the ACI (American Concrete Institute) both say that the concrete used at my house was not entrained properly. Bad bad Ryan Homes for lying. Ryan Homes then calls me to tell me I dont know what I'm talking about and there is nothing they can do, jerks.

I asked why concrete sidewalks in my town (at least 30 years old) dont break up the way mine is? Onl;y explanation, Cant answre as to why the towns concrete isnt

Do yourself a favor. Get you own lender, they are less likely to lend you the money if the house is seriously over priced.

I am sure NVR will try to be more accommodating.

After all, another name for NVR is Ryan Homes Mortgage.

At least talk to a mortgage broker before committing to NVR. I gained a lot useful information after talking to one broker.

You cant be required to use their lender but you can recieve incentive to do so, this sounds like the case, I just bought a Ryan home and got 4.25% and finished basement. After shopping around the financing, the next closest rate was 4.75 at bank of america. Did you compare the other lenders?

We purchased Ryan home used NVR financing 2008 in Western New York, had minimal construction defects, which they fixed when we notified them. Overall satisfied.

I don't see the point on getting upset over the financing part. This is very simple, if you have your own loan you might get a better closing deal and no point or less interest and closing costs.

If you go and use their financing options you get their incentives.

This is everywhere with everything new you buy.Do some homework first before buying a new house, this is big, Do as many questions you can before taking a decision.

Nobody will obligate you to buy something if you are not comfortable. This should be a great experience not the opposite.

That is 100% correct, if you don't use their financing you don't get the incentives. To me, my own financing was worth more to me than their incentives, however, in NY their current incentive was 1/2 off your first $15,000 in upgrades....no biggie there, I just got the upgrades I could afford.

I just bought a Ryan home and was told that if I didn't use their financing I would lost $27,000 in incentives. Since I plan on paying the house off after my current house sells it wasn't a big deal to me.

BS

I just bought a Ryan home and they encouraged me to use my lender if I could get better financing elsewhere!

View more comments (7)
East Brunswick, New Jersey

Ryan Homes

I have to say that I am happy with Ryan Homes. I have a blog that is detailing my experience. Go to www.buildingwithryan.blogspot.com. Maybe so many customers aren't happy with Ryan Homes because their cities don't have adequate building inspectors? Our house has been inspected and reinspected multiple times and permits pulled, clearances issued, etc. Their rating with our Better Business Bureau is A+. I encourage you to get the fact for this builder wherever you are going to build with them. And just remember, happy customers just go about living their lives - it's the ones that are unhappy that take the time to make noise.

I thank's God i didn't do business with Ryan .

They pissed me off.

Amy - you are either a Ryan sales rep or a complete *** (actually, now that I think of it, the two are mutually inclusive - that means one in the same Amy).

@PissedConsumer307345

I agree!!

Good luck posting on gripe sites to try to clean up Ryan Homes hard earned horrible reputation online empty/Amy. It's cheaper than fixing the endless supply of their defective homes.

Who doesn't have products they're happy with, and they look up every COMPLAINT site possible to post how happy they are.

You can put anything here, they don't care. This site is about Google ads revenue. All I'm going to keep getting is 10s of millions in forever lost customers who wisely walked from Ryan Homes.

If you want legit true facts on over 100 current victims of owning, or during purchase of a Ryan Home, go to this website! ryanhomesnightmare.com

Amy, Your compliments after my own experience ownning a Ryan Homes Home are repulsive, reprehensible, and might I inquire if You are so bold to advertise for Ryan Homes, be fair enough to do the research, go to ryanhomesnightmare.com!

I myself have lived a 10 year nightmare because my Father before he passed away, picked out a Ryan home that I had built for me. Turns out it had a hidden builder's defect, I have documented proof, I even informed Ryan Homes and NVR, and their board of Directors(certified letters), only to be told to just try and do something to them because they have basically an army of Lawyers, no concern for our wellbeing, only threats to try and make us go away by their attempts of intimidation!(Basic summary) I mean I understand liability issues, but seriously, if they were what they boast about, wouldn't they have been the first to at least offer to make ammends for the devastations? Can you spell consciousless? No, not even once: How can we offer to make restorations?

Not once. I got exposed to 7 different types of toxic mold and developed 2 immune disorders, went from finacially secure to having my every root I had worked for and saved, ripped up and am having to figure out how to restore my life. Only with Prayer assistance can I abstain from abstaining from swearing here, which most would fill the page with having my own personal experience to go on. And before You think I am uneducated, Think again, Well educated, *** Laude infact!

Not only are I and my Significant Other still trying to recover our health, and financial ruin, but we get letters all the time now, as we serve as unpaid Advocates for current victims of this Builder( Ryan Homes/ NVR). I wouldn't waste one precious moment of my time reading your \"Compliments\" just as I doubt You will go and read our factual website, and the letters we get on a regular basis.

It must be just Rosey to ignor current facts, because You choose to live in your Glass house. Just hope You don't have a hidden defect in your own Ryan home \"Castle\".ryanhomesnightmare.com ( Just The Facts!) :( :x :upset

Amy, if You would have had over 10 years of devastation, health repercussions that required you to be on medication for 8 of those years, previously financially very secure, and because of purchasing a Ryanhome that had a hidden defect, as determined by an investigative team from your Home Insurance: You would never be giving props to this unethical Builder, they are not a name to You can trust, they are a Builder everyone should run just hearing their names! Those are Facts, most people happy with Ryan Homes and NVR are on their payroll. :(

where do you live?

where do you live?

#205373

@ Jax & @ RyanHomes_I_will_take_a_pass:

that's right, it's "planned" because if anyone has something positive to say about anything, they must be fake, work for that company, or be benefiting somehow from it - I mean REALLY - I couldn't possibly truly be who I say I am

#205351

This is a planned Ryan Homes Ad posted all over the place to counter the bad Internet complaints they've earned.

Buy an NVR product and your buying from a fast food restaurant formula for building homes. Cheap is their priority, and corners they cut just to save a few dollars building have put thousands of buyers through ***.

View more comments (13)
Toledo, Ohio

Very Displeased with Ryan

I will like to say I have lived in Kingsridge Rd in Eastern Henrico since June 1, 2008 and very unhappy. It was always an issue, it took about a year to get pavement, we had to drive on rocks, constantly g et service on cars for the unpaved parking lot. Then the builder went bankrupt. Then I then started getting a leak from my master bathroom, this was told to me that it was my fault because I didnt caulk my bathroom... Then just recently my closet fell down, nobody tells you how much can be stored, then once it falls, you can tell they didnt use a stud finder because it was on air, not proffesional at all. Now washing machine *** broke, now I have a flood. So I'm calling customer service and continue to get a voicemail. Less then two years and so many problems, If you can help it, dont buy with Ryan, good name but not quality work, take it from my experience
Richmond, Virginia

They lie about upgrade,cement walls and master bathroom upgrade floor

I build a Ryan home 03 everything went wrong,from ceiling to rotting floor my floor is coming apart,it squeak through the whole house.My master bathroom floor is rotting away,ceiling is also rotting.I would not buy or tell some one to buy Ryan homes again.It is poorly constructed what so ever.The sale person lies about the promotions too.I also had an upgrade on the basement floor and the rough in pipe for the bathroom floor was placed in the wrong position.They also said they would fixed the big gap in the cement wall,but they lie again.
Rochester, New York

Furnace to nowhere

I've been in my NV/Ryan home for six years. Our finished attic and half of the second floor was never warm in the winter or cool in the summer. Three rooms had no air flow. We had several Furnace repair guys come out and look at it. Finally the furnace died and when it was replaced they found that the furnace was not hooked up to the duct work on half of our home. The air was just blowing into the attic space. There was no insulation around the pipes. How much money have I been losing. They also tar-papered over the roof vent. There are many other problems that inspectors should have caught but inspectors are worthless.

Bought our home in 2008 furnace has to be ,replaced and no longer works because the builders from Ryan decided to run our furnace while they were dry walling . The dry wall dust got into the furnace and the gypsum in it rotted out the inside components of our furnace.

This is only one of many things we've had go wrong in our Ryan home.

I will never buy one again. Does any one know of any class action lawsuits against them?

Just read Blue Bunny 1. Just finished off 2 rooms in my basement...NV did the rest of it when we bought the house in 2001.

Discovered no air flow in the new room....then discovered no air in the entire east side of the house in the basement and going up to the office and living room. Apparently it was never hooked up either...now furnace people are coming in to let me know the cost to rip out the ceilingand hook it up.

agreed I complained that they should have a quailty program but the rep I talked to disagreed. I think they SUCK and would never purchase another home from them.

View more comments (2)
Bristow, Virginia

Class Action Suit

Homebuyers Why can't all of you get together and sue Ryan Homes, it is obvious from the many complaints that they are doing inferior work. They should be stopped, but it will not happen until all of you ban together and stop them. Bring it to the attention of your...
#2091038

I am in! How do we get started?

Norfolk, Virginia

Ryan Homes driveway issue not resolved!

Ryan Homes driveway issues not resolved! Some things to think about before you build a Ryan Home....yes, they're inexpensive....but as my 85 year old father still says to this day... "You get what you pay for! " In this case it's true.... I've noticed in their model...They had a "name brand" furnace in their basement...my neighbors and myself have "generic" models in our homes....They claim, in order to keep the cost of their homes as low as they are, they purchase from different suppliers to get the best deal...This example was also noticed with their toilets and a pedestal sink....In the model they showed Crane brand toilets, they tried to install Mansfield toilets and a pedestal sink in my home, which is a lesser grade product...I refused to take the Mansfield product...they then installed the Crane brand after they gave me a hard time...They'll show you one thing in a model, then give you something else in your home! Watch out!!!....... Bad ventilation system concerning the heating and cooling of various rooms.....Some rooms are hot....some are freezing...especially on the second floor....All of my neighbors complained about this issue..... When they were building the house, I noticed they will not put anything that is unnecessary into the construction of the house....If it meets "code", that's where they stop...I wanted "Tyvek" house wrap installed on the outside of my home, I was even willing to pay extra for the product....They refused to install it stating it wasn't required by code in our area... My basement leaked, along with half the other Ryan Homes in our section of the development....Stonebridge Creek in Avon, Ohio....the is a development where Ryan Homes moved into when the housing market went South, to offer an inferior product, at a greatly reduced cost compared to the other homes in the neighborhood....If you do build with Ryan Homes, expect to deal with the problems, and a million excuses why you shouldn't be concerned and never have the issues resolved in the long run... Which leads me to my biggest issue.....My Ryan Home driveway was discolored a blackish gray from an incorrect mixture of calcium when it was poured....a six inch "bubble" resulted at the end of the driveway along with chipping on the surface in various areas about the size of a quarter in about thirty different areas....You could hear and feel the difference in hardness between the correctly poured light colored areas of concrete, and the dark gray areas by scratching a piece of metal along the surface..After having nine various Ryan Managers out....they said they won't replace the driveway....Pick up the Ryan Home Home Owners Booklet, which is a blue booklet....It covers every imaginable situation or problem that may occur to a home , it states they will make repairs at their "discretion" for about 70 percent of the issues that are in the booklet...Which means, they will come up with a million reasons why its not their fault, then, they won't fix the problem....That's how they cover their butt! You may be tempted by the price, attractive sales reps., and special offers to lure you in.....Do your homework...talk to Ryan homeowners.....Remember my experience...Then go to plan "B".....Build with some one other than Ryan Homes...

These reviews are very troubling to me as we just signed a Contract with Ryan Homes to build us a house in Stoney Ridge located in Cincinnati, OH. I chose them because my in-laws had their parents a house built from them 10 years ago and they said their experience with them have been wonderful.

I Love my in -laws house it is beautiful and they've only had 2 major issue's in the 10 years steps were out of code which was replaced by Ryan and the kitchen faucet had a leak which was also replaced. I did go look at another sub division which was being built by Fisher homes up the street but visually we could see that those houses were sub par they didn't even have the model home completely finished. Since we have signed these contracts with NVR and Ryan homes it's to late for us to back out without losing our deposit/ earnest money. Hopefully with this being a VA Loan there will be a lot more effort put into it as the restrictions are higher for this type of loan.

One of my sister in laws who resides in Georgia had a house built there and she stated she's stated that she has experienced several problems within her newly built home and it wasn't built by Ryan. On the flip side I have friends who say they will never have a house built they will buy an already built home because the new homes are being built to fast.

The problem I have with that is here in this area the price of a older home and newly built home are about the same so it only makes sense to have a home built. Well our home will be finished in March of 2019 and we are hoping for the best.

Cleveland, Ohio
Ryan Homes House Construction

Ryan told us our development would be side load garages only, we paid for that "upgrade"

When we purchased our home, we had a choice of communities. We could purchase in Ballmoral, a typically "front load" garage home or we could build in Fallbrook, a "side load" only community with larger lots and an extra cost of $30,000. We purchased the home that...

Don't feel too bad, we bought into a gated community of townhouses and townhome condos only to have them put in APARTMENTS. We pay fr a security gate and now we have apartments inside our gates.

Fort Mill, South Carolina

RYAN HOMES -PATRIOT WINDOWS

My Bay window (Ryan Homes) shattered. My house is only 3 yrs. old. Ryan Homes said the window was out of warranty. I contacted Patriot Windows they said the same thing. They claimed due to settling the window was not under warranty. My homeowners deductible is $1,000....

I have a Ryan's Home built in 2001 here in DE. I have a cracked sash on a single hang window, but I've looked all over the window structure and cannot find the serial number or window manufacturer to order a replacement. Can anyone help?

Cincinnati, Ohio

Ryan Homes

Ryan homes is a total joke. Do not bother trying to go through their mortgage company for incentives. NVR mortgage is an absolute mess. They never return phone calls and have no idea what they are even talking about half the time. There is always a new project manager....

NVR IS FULL OF ****...HOW DID THEY BUILD OUR HOME BEFORE WE WERE EVEN FINANCIALLY APPROVED? THEY ALSO TOLD US THAT OUR INTEREST RATE WAS GOING FROM 5.5% TO 5.8% AFTER THE WEEK WERE SUPPOSED TO CLOSE.

THEY ARE UNORGANIZED, NEVER COMMUNICATES ON A PERSONABLE LEVEL AND SIMPLY SIT AT THEIR DESK AND SEND ELECTRONIC EMAILS AND EXPECT YOU TO SIGN WITHOUT ANY EXPLANATION OF WHAT THEY'RE SENDING.

SO GLAD WE DECIDED TO BACK OUT...THEY CAN KEEP THE DEPOSIT! IT'S NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Ryan Homes and Wentworth Mgt., Delanco, New Jersey

The property and landscaping is a dogs paradise. Ryan Homes and Wentworth Management describe their condos and town homes as luxury living at affordable prices. It appears to be neglected property. There's no assigned dog run or dog park. The residents bring their...

It's not the builders fault if your neighbor has a dog that uses your yard to go to the bathroom. Pleeeeeaaaaase! Maybe you should put up a fence if it bothers you that much.

Reston, Virginia

RYAN HOMES LIES

I purchased my home a few years ago from Ryan Homes on what they called a premium wooded lot. My project manager even told me there were protected wet lands behind me and my survey even indicated protected woods on MY property. Soon after closing, they all came down for another development. The survey, project manager and sales people are all LIES! They will do anything for a sale! And by the way, if you build a Ryan Home, it comes complete with CARDBOARD MOULDING! Found that out when I had new countetops put in. I will never build another Ryan Home again.

Get a lawyer

ID
#142061 Review #142061 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Buffalo, New York

Ryan Homes Allows the Salespeople to Lie with no Punishment

The word condo was in the paperwork but they told us to disregard that because it was legal jargon and any home in our township with an HOA was technically a condo. Not true. Now we find out we don't own our land but we maintain it!! 15 people complained to corporate and they pointed out the line in the contract that says not to rely on verbal statements. Don't allow them to explain the paperwork! Get a lawyer to explain it to you!!! They also told some people up the street that their road would soon be made into a cul-de-sac and now they are finding out it is actually going to be extended to a busy road near the highway! This will make their street a short cut to the highway for the whole city and they have small children so they wanted to be on a quiet street. They will do anything to get you to buy.

They don't allow them to lie, they teach them how if anything. Their sales people knowingly and willingly lie.

Nothing they "say" matters at all.

If we all could wear a wire, and maybe secret surveillance video while talking with the sales staff or loan rep, maybe their word would be worth something. After you're sold they'll straight up tell you, it's your fault you bought the lies.

Columbus, Ohio