RYAN HOMES -PATRIOT WINDOWS

Jun 11, 2009
review #149897

My Bay window (Ryan Homes) shattered.My house is only 3 yrs.

old. Ryan Homes said the window was out of warranty. I contacted Patriot Windows they said the same thing. They claimed due to settling the window was not under warranty.

My homeowners deductible is $1,000. The window COST $900 to replace. Patriot windows are no darn good. The locks do not work on some of the windows.

Some windows are very drafty. I am disappointed about the windows.

Other than that I have no complaints about my Ryan home.I do feel Ryan Homes should have been more customer friendlier.

aa0b9aa
Had an experience with Ryan Homes?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
PH

Nov 27, 2013

My home was built in 2004. All of my great windows in my stairwell, sunroom and foyer leaks badly. Secondly my great windows in my sunroom not only leak, they are cloudy because of a vacuum leak in between the glass.

Pissed Off

3 0 Reply
gus

Aug 21, 2013 Gainesville, Virginia

My home was built 2004 two of windows have a broken seal. They are made by Patriot and the house Ryan what should I do

Mar 04

You should call Patriot warranty department at 866-518-4138.

william petty

Nov 15, 2012

i have two of my windows crack and need to get fixed send out the window and ill put them in myself 330-309-7259

mike

Oct 06, 2012

I have a Ryan Home with Patriot windows. GARBAGE. Seals are broken, windows do not stay up, locks do not engage, hardware on windows fell off. I believe this company to be one of the most terrible maufactors out there.

yeah but..

Jul 05, 2012

They are 100% Energy Star homes independently certified. :?

Jul 03, 2012

Don't buy Patriot (owned by Ply Gem) windows, and don't buy a Ryan home if it has Patriot windows in it! I just called in a warranty claim for a seal failure on a big, arch-top picture window over my front entryway. I was told by the rude customer service person that I would have to climb up on a ladder, 18' in the air, take measurements of the window (including an estimated radius of the arch top, draw in the complicated grid pattern, and e-mail my sketch to him. I own a standard Ryan "Waverly" model home. They have built thousands of them and all of the arch-top windows are exactly the same! I'm sure the guy knew exactly what type of window I was talking about. He just wanted to make it as difficult as possible for me to make a warranty claim. It is obvious to me that this is Patriot's (now Ply Gem's) game plan. Save money by making it extremely difficult, if not impossible for past customers to make warranty claims. Then, on top of all that, I was told that I'd have to pay a professional window installer to install this huge piece of glass two stories up in my entryway (which will cost me several hundred dollars), and that I would need special equipment to unload the glass from the semi, since it would be far too heavy to carry! Are you kidding me??? It is no surprise to me that Ply Gem is in financial trouble if this is how they treat their customers. Unbelievable!

me also

Jun 11, 2012

the word class action comes to mind

lee jones

Apr 05, 2012

I have a 4 year Ryan home and one sealed window in my family room has cracked due to settling. How can I get this replaced? Everyone is telling me I out of warranty..that does not cover settling. Estimates for this small window is above $500.

DN

Mar 08, 2012

I also have a Ryan Home with a cracked window. Both Ryan and Patroit told me it was due to settling. What a bunch of ***! This is not my first new home, but it is my first window issue. I don't want to lie about the seal, but I want this taken care of. Help!

Nov 15, 2011

You people are going about it all wrong, You need to contact Mr.Paul Suville at there home office in Reston Virgina.

Ryan Townhome owner

Aug 13, 2011

Ryan Homes buys the cheapest windows! I would never buy another Ryan Home just becuase of the windows they use. we have had to replace the slide glass doors, two window sashs and now the half round windows are bubbling at the seals. I was not the original build owner, so I do have any warrentee rights. But for a 10 year old town house, the life span of Patriot Windows is horrible.
If Ryan Homes keeps using Partriot windows, they will keep having the same problems.
Dump Patriot and find a quality window.

Jul 05, 2011

To the person who provided the number for Patriot and suggested telling them that the windows have a \"defective seal\" - How do you adequately describe a \"defective seal\"?

Jul 05, 2011

All of the transom windows in the front of my house cracked. I bought the house in 2006. I was told by both Patriot and Ryan that they were not covered because it was due to settling. THAT IS A LOT OF SETTLING TO CRACK 5 TRANSOM WINDOWS!

Does anyone have any suggestions? This is ridiculous!

Brian in Dayton,Oh

Jun 16, 2011

Will never buy or recommend Ryan or Patriot Windows. Our house is about 7 years old and we have mold growing in between the glass of 5 windows. Water has leaked onto the sill of one of those.
The house shakes like a tornado is coming when the wind blows too hard. I find it hard to believe the leaders of this company can sleep at night knowing the money they charge for the cheap products they provide. I bet they don't live in a Ryan. Well, if they do, I'm sure it was built right. I guess there is a sucker born every day and we were one of them. Wish we knew about Ryan and patriot before we had the house built.
I will say the customer service for Patriot has been fantastick. I guess they are getting tired of all of the complaints.

EB

Jun 12, 2011

We have a 4 1/2 yr old Ryan home. Not only is Ryan homes a horrible company to deal with (we would never have purchased our home if new ahead of time how rediculous they are), our patriot windows are absolute Junk. We are in the process of replacing all of our windows already!

Ryan home owner

Apr 09, 2011

Call 866-518-4138...then press one
Tell them your window has a defective seal and they will send you replacement windows for free!

1-20 of 24 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Ryan Homes.
Filing a new complaint about
×