My Bay window (Ryan Homes) shattered.My house is only 3 yrs.

old. Ryan Homes said the window was out of warranty. I contacted Patriot Windows they said the same thing. They claimed due to settling the window was not under warranty.

My homeowners deductible is $1,000. The window COST $900 to replace. Patriot windows are no darn good. The locks do not work on some of the windows.

Some windows are very drafty. I am disappointed about the windows.

Other than that I have no complaints about my Ryan home.I do feel Ryan Homes should have been more customer friendlier.

More Review Details

Helpful? 20 Yes 20 33 No 33
Had the same issue 13 Yes 13
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 20 #1022166 Dayton, Ohio

My Patriot windows in my Ryan home have failed as well, including the giant oval one in the front. The warranty period is still valid for me and the type of seal failures I've had are covered, but Patriot went out of business so the warranty is worthless!

Aug 03 #1015267

Our Ryan home is 10 years old this fall. Patriot windows are definitely cheap. I wouldn't recommend them. We have one that has water/fog in between 2 panes in the top fixed portion. Called for warranty at 866-518-4138, then pressed 2. Service rep took the information from the white sticker on the side of the tip-out portion of the bottom pane. Said they would ship it out to us, but we would have to pay someone else to install it. Hopefully, it is delivered as promised.

May 24, 2014 #819419 Middle Township, New Jersey

PATRIOT Windows are very poor quality, cold in winter and hard to get repaired. I do not recommend!

3 0 Reply

May 08, 2014 #813296 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

4 1 Reply

Nov 27, 2013 #748907

My home was built in 2004. All of my great windows in my stairwell, sunroom and foyer leaks badly. Secondly my great windows in my sunroom not only leak, they are cloudy because of a vacuum leak in between the glass.

Pissed Off

4 0 Reply

Aug 21, 2013 #704207 Gainesville, Virginia

My home was built 2004 two of windows have a broken seal. They are made by Patriot and the house Ryan what should I do

2 0 Reply

Mar 04, 2014 #790985

You should call Patriot warranty department at 866-518-4138.

william petty

Nov 15, 2012 #569743

i have two of my windows crack and need to get fixed send out the window and ill put them in myself 330-309-7259

Oct 06, 2012 #551694

I have a Ryan Home with Patriot windows. GARBAGE. Seals are broken, windows do not stay up, locks do not engage, hardware on windows fell off. I believe this company to be one of the most terrible maufactors out there.

3 0 Reply
yeah but..

Jul 05, 2012 #507380

They are 100% Energy Star homes independently certified. :?

Jul 03, 2012 #506350

Don't buy Patriot (owned by Ply Gem) windows, and don't buy a Ryan home if it has Patriot windows in it! I just called in a warranty claim for a seal failure on a big, arch-top picture window over my front entryway. I was told by the rude customer service person that I would have to climb up on a ladder, 18' in the air, take measurements of the window (including an estimated radius of the arch top, draw in the complicated grid pattern, and e-mail my sketch to him. I own a standard Ryan "Waverly" model home. They have built thousands of them and all of the arch-top windows are exactly the same! I'm sure the guy knew exactly what type of window I was talking about. He just wanted to make it as difficult as possible for me to make a warranty claim. It is obvious to me that this is Patriot's (now Ply Gem's) game plan. Save money by making it extremely difficult, if not impossible for past customers to make warranty claims. Then, on top of all that, I was told that I'd have to pay a professional window installer to install this huge piece of glass two stories up in my entryway (which will cost me several hundred dollars), and that I would need special equipment to unload the glass from the semi, since it would be far too heavy to carry! Are you kidding me??? It is no surprise to me that Ply Gem is in financial trouble if this is how they treat their customers. Unbelievable!

me also

Jun 11, 2012 #494412

the word class action comes to mind

4 0 Reply
lee jones

Apr 05, 2012 #461671

I have a 4 year Ryan home and one sealed window in my family room has cracked due to settling. How can I get this replaced? Everyone is telling me I out of warranty..that does not cover settling. Estimates for this small window is above $500.

Oct 29 #1055702 Landenberg, Pennsylvania

yes! I agree my house is 13yrs old, built by Ryan Homes and my windows are terrible they leak and they wont lock, it should be against the law for a builder to get away with the junk they use to build houses. I'm calling Patriot windows.

Mar 08, 2012 #444707

I also have a Ryan Home with a cracked window. Both Ryan and Patroit told me it was due to settling. What a bunch of ***! This is not my first new home, but it is my first window issue. I don't want to lie about the seal, but I want this taken care of. Help!

2 0 Reply

Nov 15, 2011 #375164

You people are going about it all wrong, You need to contact Mr.Paul Suville at there home office in Reston Virgina.

Ryan Townhome owner

Aug 13, 2011 #327998

Ryan Homes buys the cheapest windows! I would never buy another Ryan Home just becuase of the windows they use. we have had to replace the slide glass doors, two window sashs and now the half round windows are bubbling at the seals. I was not the original build owner, so I do have any warrentee rights. But for a 10 year old town house, the life span of Patriot Windows is horrible.
If Ryan Homes keeps using Partriot windows, they will keep having the same problems.
Dump Patriot and find a quality window.

Jul 05, 2011 #308295

To the person who provided the number for Patriot and suggested telling them that the windows have a \"defective seal\" - How do you adequately describe a \"defective seal\"?

Jul 05, 2011 #308287

All of the transom windows in the front of my house cracked. I bought the house in 2006. I was told by both Patriot and Ryan that they were not covered because it was due to settling. THAT IS A LOT OF SETTLING TO CRACK 5 TRANSOM WINDOWS!

Does anyone have any suggestions? This is ridiculous!

1-20 of 27 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.